Monday, 16 March 2009

Balkan spirit with Ana Rumiha

Hey guys.
I had a crazy last month but I guess that's also a part of the game, so why not share it with you. I went to Bardonecchia for the world cup slope style, overshoot the kicker and hurt my menisk. The Doc said it wasn't that bad and I just had to work out so that's what I've been doing for the past few weeks. I've been basically riding my bike everywhere I could and was thinking of anything  to amuse myself after finishing all the exams. This was certainly the worst time of the year to get hurt but it happens sometimes. I started to do some gymnastics with my friends and it seems very useful for snowboarding. I'm even going to the gym and hanging out with the balloon guys. At least I've learned something about checking my "muscles" out in the mirror :).

The weather in Zagreb is so rainy these days, so every dry day there was I got out  and just pumped the vert ramp on my skate. That is definitely the most amusing way to get your legs stronger. I hate being indoors.
Luckily, after all those grey days, sun finally came out one day and my friend and I decided to check if there's any snow left on our local mountain Sljeme. There wasn't much but it was just enough to have a great funny session. I was so happy to be riding again after a month, even if it was just cruising around. I attached some photos so you could see my mountain where word snow park is galaxies far away :) but I love it anyway. Compared to a normal resort, this one is like war field: people with no control just speeding down, really funny to watch, Balkan spirit everywhere. Sometimes there are people from the farms close to the mountain and they ski in plastic protection glasses  and those skies with no bindings, just rope. Feels like living in few different centuries at the same time. Must experience thing for sure.

So, this was "How not to turn into the vampire while you're hurt and the rain isn't stopping" with Ana. I might release a dvd soon :). Have fun everybody, i gotta go. I'm working on my next dvd "How to get better eating a lot of chocolate".

Ana

 
 

No comments: