Monday, 06 July 2009

Stryn and Folgefonna with Les ettes teamrider Thea Stenshagen

Summer snow at Stryn and Folgefonna!


I don’t know if you’ve heard it, but we’ve had a heat wave here in Norway for the last few weeks. Crazy hot and sunny skies every day. I’ve been at Stryn and Fonna snowboarding for two amazing weeks. Stryn and Folven Camping was the first stop on my summer roadtrip, this camping site is know for it’s crazy parties over the midsummer weekend. We started a bit easy the first night, just a couple of beers and a music quiz. The next morning we woke up to bluebird and hurried up to the slopes. The park was pretty good this year, they had two ok sized jumps, some boxes and a few rails. I had some really fun days!

The midsummer weekend is legendary at Folven, so many people from all over Norway come there just to party. Fun times. Saturday was another sunny day, and it was time for the annual Smartfish Iranian Open in the park, I was satisfied with my riding that day. I won and I’m now an Iranian snowboard champion… hahaha. The next day they brought snow down from the mountain and held a rail jam at the campground, it was fun, but I didn’t ride any good.

It’s always sad to leave Stryn, and I can’t wait to go back next year. However we had to go on, Folgefonna was the next stop. After an eight hour roadtrip on the crazy roads on the west cost we were finally there. I met up with the Norwegian Von Zipper team. They had planned a small photoshoot there. The good weather just kept on coming and I had another amazing week of snowboarding, swimming, fishing, barbecuing and partying.
The park at Fonna is a bit better than the one at Stryn, so I was able to learn a few new things. I haven’t seen any of the photos or the video yet, but I’ll send it all as soon as I get it.

I’m back in Oslo for a bit now, but I’m leaving again the 4th. Bataleon’s got a camp in France, I’ll send you a new update when I get back from there.

Have a nice summer and take care!

Thea


No comments: